** SAVE THE DATE FOR 2019!**
SUNDAY, JUNE 2, 2019! 11am-1pm
COORDINATED TO KICK-OFF THE LENTS INTERNATIONAL FARMERS MARKET!
Parade walk starts at 12pm! At the Farmer’s Market!
All friendly pets are invited to participate. If you have pets that are aggressive, anxious or extra vulnerable, please allow them to stay at home. Kids can come with a teddy bear, stuffed animal or their favorite plush toy instead!
Come out and celebrate our community as we honor all creatures and species that call our neighborhood home!
We will be updating the activities for 2019 shortly!
Check back soon for more details and take a look below at what we did last year!
Make sure to check out these activities:
- Join this year’s grand marshals of the parade, Mtn Peaks Therapy Llamas!
- Pick up a special-house-made dog biscuit from Zoiglhaus Brewery or treats from Mt. Scott Animal Clinic.
- Strike a pose with your pet at the photo-booth. Lots of props to choose from!
- Learn more from the Farmers Market Strawberry about the upcoming Lents International Farmers Market that begins again in June and runs every Sunday.
- Take an engine tour of the Lents Fire Department fire truck from 11-12!
- Pick up material about the Humane Society’s low-cost spay/neuter program, therapy training and foster opportunities.
- Get your face painted or go home with a balloon-animal from local artisans.
- Win one of several raffle prizes (Psst, raffle tickets are given out free to any pet or person who comes in costume!)
- Visit and pet The Belmont Goats inside their enclosure!
Please Note: All of these fantastic pets must be under guidance at all times, by leash or in a cage. No exceptions…unless you are fish, then you can be in your bowl. All owners are responsible for their pet’s behavior and for cleaning up their waste. Extra poop bags will be available, just ask if you need an extra!
Here’s a few more details to help you enjoy the event:
- Restrooms will be available in the Boys & Girls Club. Sorry pets, these are for your people so please stay outside.
- Raffle tickets are FREE but given out for costumes & participation in activity stations. If you are “caught” cleaning up after your pet and keeping the area clean, you get an extra raffle ticket, too!
- Water stations will be available for pets. No food is being sold at this event but there will be limited, light refreshments.
- Volunteers will be wearing neon-colored, animal-print bandanas to assist you and answer questions. If you or your group would like to sign up to be a volunteer, visit the volunteer page.
This is a family-friendly, kid-appropriate, pet-loving, human-honoring event.
Everyone is invited and welcomed. (Teddy bears count too!)